Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day one

First day on the new blog....

Well just decided to start a new blog. Others that I started, began with good intentions only to fail for a multitude of reasons. The greatest of these has been accessibility. Accessability for me! Blogging at various locations (work particularly) has proved a challenge. So now my current job allows me access to blogger.com so I can take a break now and again to write something.

I have long thought I would like to write, but have always struggled. Writing for me has been a love hate relationship. I love to write when I have nothing driving me, no deadlines, no one telling me what to write about. One of my favorite classes in college was an English class where we wrote about reading assignments. Not writing to or for the teacher, just writing what our impressions were. the professor would give us a few questions to help us get started, but she would often say "write what ever comes to your mind, not to me or for me, but for your own enjoyment." Our only requirements were that they had to relate to the reading (only somewhat) and they needed to be of a particular length (some arbitrary minimum and maximum- she only wanted to read and grade so much!)

So I hope this blog is a reflection of what I am reading, watching, and doing with respect to the sports I enjoy reading, watching and doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment